This Parisian Chic, minimalist outfit is by far my go-to outfit. In previous posts, I talk about the importance of defining your style and wearing comfortable clothes that are the perfect fit and make you feel good. This look, also known as Emmanuelle Alt’s signature style has a certain unfussy and youthful feel to it. What I love most is how easy it is to create the look by mixing basics with a few trendy pieces to get that instant effortless Parisian chic look.
The key strategy to achieve this minimalist look is to select tailored pieces with high-quality fabric, in a neutral color palette and accessorize your outfit with a pop of color.
The good news is you already have the majority of these basics in your closet!
How to build a Parisian Chic Minimalist Wardrobe List:
- Jeans: color palette: blue, black, white, dark gray hues. Favorite brands: Jessica Simpson; Blank NYC Skinny Jeans; Comptoir Des Cotonniers.
- Pants: leather pants to well tailored navy blue pants, fitting cargo pants. Favorite brands: IKKS; H&M.
- Tops: the classic French “Marinière” striped top or white blouses. Favorite brands: J.Crew; Petit-Bateau.
- Blazers: fitted blazers or long blazer. Favorite brands: Banana Republic; Forever 21.
- Non pretentious yet stylish shoes: classic pointed toe pumps, easy going flats, neutral shades (with a few pops of color thrown in here and there). Favorite brands: Nine West pumps; Tory Burch flats, Michael Kors pumps.
- Belts: silver or gold buckle. Favorite brand: Gucci.
- Accessories with the occasional pop of reds, oranges, golds and blues. Favorite handbag brands: Michael Kors; Lou Lou Boutiques.
You can also browse my Parisian Chic Wardrobe and Minimalist Chic Spring Pinterest boards for more inspiration!
What about you? Is this Parisian Minimalist look your style?
As always, thanks for reading!
A bientôt ♥