Delray Beach has a special place in my heart. This vibrant beach town, located one hour north of Miami and minutes from Boca Raton and Palm Beach, reminds me so much of the South of France with its live-music nightlife, stylish boutiques and outdoor seating restaurants.
We visited Delray Beach multiple times when we used to vacation in Lantana, at the Ritz-Carlton which is now Eau de Spa. Last Spring Break, we finally decided on staying downtown Delray Beach at the Colony Hotel & Cabaña Club which is walking distance to all the shops and restaurants!
Part of the Historic Hotels of America and National Trust for Historic Preservation, the hotel is reminiscent of the Spanish Colonial Revival Era and has an Old Florida feel to it with its pastel and bright color palette. The rooms were so comfortable with a Californian king size bed and soft organic linens, that it felt like sleeping in my own bed!
The best part about the Colony Hotel’s amenities is the access to the private Cabaña Club which is located right on the ocean and just a few minutes from the hotel. The grounds are truly spectacular with swaying palm trees and arching sea grapes. You have the option to swim in the heated 25 meter saltwater pool and freshwater plunger pool or swim in the ocean which has private beach cabanas (a must-have when you’re fair-skinned!). The hotel takes pride being green and preserves the grounds with great care. The Cabaña Club also offers a daily lunch service including grilled specialties with fresh local ingredients. The halibut salad was one of the best seafood salad I’ve ever had!
When we were not playing in the sun, we enjoyed eating out and shopping of course! We didn’t get to try out many of the restaurants since we were there for a short week but I can at least recommend the following dining places and boutiques:
- Best Bites:
- Caffe Martier (a few blocks down from the Colony Hotel) combines European and Mediterranean cuisine styles. The menu is so healthy, you can splurge on deserts! They also serve my favorite Italian coffee, illy. From Caffe Martier, you can enter The Old Arcade speakeasy, which is the first and only speakeasy in Delray Beach.
- Rocco’s Tacos and Tequila Bar has the best margaritas in town. You can sample from 425 varieties of tequila! They serve homemade corn tortillas and prepare guacamole right next to your table. I loved the festive décor with lampions all over the ceiling.
- Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza makes their pizza with imported Italian plum tomatoes! They also serve homemade meatballs and Eggplant Parmesan.
- Le Macaron French Pastries has the best Gelato in town according to the locals and the macarons just melt in your mouth! It’s right across the Colony Hotel so we treated ourselves every day on our way back from the beach.
- Best Boutiques:
- Morley (which has another location in Bethesda, MD) has all the latest trends.
- Periwinkle is a fabulous boutique with a very unique selection. I bought this very cute summer party dress from See U Soon , a French brand which I can’t wait to share with you!
- Sequin is a NYC-based design studio with a contemporary chic jewelry line. The Delray location has the nicest bangle selection with a few beachwear cover ups, dresses, tops, and hats. I always buy a bangle from Sequins as a souvenir from our trip (they also have a location in Palm Beach).
What about you? Do you have a special destination that you’d like to visit again?
As always, thanks for reading!
A bientôt ♥
Thursdays: High Latitude Style; Elegance and Mommy Hood; Douse in Pink; A Labor of Life; Katherine’s Corner
Fridays – Fashion Should Be Fun – A Pocketful of Polka Dots – Rachel the Hat – Closet by Christie– Lizzie in Lace – Style Elixir– Claire Justine
Mondays – Glass of Glam – Style Nudge – Not Dead Yet Style– More Pieces of Me – Lauren M – Pink Sole – A Stylish Fit – Sincerely Jenna Marie
7 thoughts on “A Chic and Stylish Vacation Destination: Delray Beach, Florida”
Lovely review … could feel the charm.
Hey! I worked at Anthony’s for 5 years! haha! It’s the best! I would recommend El Camino for mexican too! Their brisket nachos are life!
Thanks Rachel!! Will have to try El Camino on our next visit!
Wow. That looks like a great place to spend the vacation! Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.
What a beautiful retreat! Sounds like a wonderful time with lots of yummy cuisine. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday! Also, I am currently looking for co-hosts, so I hope you will consider the opportunity.
Thanks for your comment Jennie! I’d love to be your co-host! I’ll reach out soon!