This Parisian Chic, minimalist outfit is by far my go-to outfit. In previous posts, I talk about the importance of defining your style and wearing comfortable clothes that are the perfect fit and make you feel good. This look, also known as Emmanuelle Alt’s signature style has a certain unfussy and youthful feel to it. What I love most is how easy it is to create the look by mixing basics with a few trendy pieces to get that instant effortless Parisian chic look.
The key strategy to achieve this minimalist look is to select tailored pieces with high-quality fabric, in a neutral color palette and accessorize your outfit with a pop of color.
The good news is you already have the majority of these basics in your closet!
How to build a Parisian Chic Minimalist Wardrobe List:
- Jeans: color palette: blue, black, white, dark gray hues. Favorite brands: Jessica Simpson; Blank NYC Skinny Jeans; Comptoir Des Cotonniers.
- Pants: leather pants to well tailored navy blue pants, fitting cargo pants. Favorite brands: IKKS; H&M.
- Tops: the classic French “Marinière” striped top or white blouses. Favorite brands: J.Crew; Petit-Bateau.
- Blazers: fitted blazers or long blazer. Favorite brands: Banana Republic; Forever 21.
- Non pretentious yet stylish shoes: classic pointed toe pumps, easy going flats, neutral shades (with a few pops of color thrown in here and there). Favorite brands: Nine West pumps; Tory Burch flats, Michael Kors pumps.
- Belts: silver or gold buckle. Favorite brand: Gucci.
- Accessories with the occasional pop of reds, oranges, golds and blues. Favorite handbag brands: Michael Kors; Lou Lou Boutiques.
You can also browse my Parisian Chic Wardrobe and Minimalist Chic Spring Pinterest boards for more inspiration!
What about you? Is this Parisian Minimalist look your style?
As always, thanks for reading!
A bientôt ♥
Thursdays: High Latitude Style; Elegance and Mommy Hood; Douse in Pink; A Labor of Life; Katherine’s Corner
Fridays – Fashion Should Be Fun – A Pocketful of Polka Dots – Rachel the Hat – Closet by Christie– Lizzie in Lace – Style Elixir– Claire Justine
Mondays – Glass of Glam – Style Nudge – Not Dead Yet Style– More Pieces of Me – Lauren M – Pink Sole – A Stylish Fit – Sincerely Jenna Marie
11 thoughts on “How to Build a Parisian Chic Wardrobe”
Very nice look, love the pop of orange with your bag. Jacqui
I love this black and white look. Great outfit. Thanks for joining the Top of the World Style linkup party.
This is a fab any-season look, and I am inspired to adapt it! Thanks for linking up, you look terrific. xo
Christine I love your easy, classic, classy and beautifully-chic Parisian style so much. Love how you wrote this post too. That outfit is super stylish and always classic. I’d wear it everyday for any season.
I love that I found your blog a few weeks ago and would love to have you co-host my linkup sometimes on Thursday. Let me know darling. My e-mail address is on my contact page on the blog. )
Have a great day! <3 Ada.
Such a chic and simple look! You can never go wrong with stripes. 😉 Usually I tend to gravitate towards color, but I can’t resist a super stylish and simple neutral look. And those pants are amazing! Have a great Wednesday 🙂
Miles of smiles,
Thanks Grace for your lovely comment! I’m so happy to hear that you might consider this Parisian look for yourself! Have a great day too!
I love the effortless chic of Parisian style. This is a great look, I love how mixes classic elements like stripes and a blazer with something more trendy like those leather pants.
Thanks for stopping by Shea! So glad you enjoyed this look!
You nailed it – nicely done !
u look great.