I’m so excited to be partnering with RoC Skincare for their #ForYourAge campaign.
This campaign is close to my heart as age to a French woman is just a number and we are raised never to ask or allude to a woman’s age.
So when someone tells me: “Wow, you look great for your age, I always think to myself “thanks but the “For Your Age” part was unnecessary and by saying that, you actually implied that I’m not as young. Merci beaucoup!”
Not surprising, 82% of women have been told “you look great for your age” in the past year according to a recent RoC survey and even less surprising, the results confirmed that women would rather not be complimented at all than received one ending with “for your age“.
The myth that French women don’t age is of course not true. We might age a bit more gracefully and enhance our natural beauty by not using as much make-up. Take a look at Brigitte Macron or Catherine Deneuve and you’ll understand what I’m talking about. We’re also taught from an early age to take care of our skin with a daily morning and evening routine as well as invest in quality skincare.
So, what’s the secret to French women’s natural-beauty?
- Keep your skincare to a minimum. Less is more!
- Invest in your (good) serum
- Don’t forget your décolletage (neck and upper chest)
- Incorporate circular movements into your evening routine. Be gentle and go slowly!
- Don’t rely on foundation as your moisturizer, or simply use a tinted moisturizer
Roc skincare is actually well-known for its anti-aging products. Created in Paris in 1957 by a Parisian pharmacist, Dr. Lissarrague was a firm believer in crafting innovative skincare solutions to help women look and feel their best at every age. He created the first hypoallergenic skin care product, first SPF sunscreen, and was the first to discover the method for stabilizing Retinol, combining it with other antioxidants to make it possible for daily use. The Roc skincare products are still sold in every pharmacy in France.
I’ve been using the following products for about a week now and started seeing a difference with my wrinkles and dark spots. My skin is super sensitive so I get a bit of a tingle when I first apply but it goes away fairly quickly.
- RoC RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – Voted Best of Beauty Allure Awards Winner.
- RoC RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Night Cream – Voted New Beauty Product Award by Beauty Choice.
- RoC RETINOL CORREXION MAX Daily Hydration Crème is brand new. Hydrates your skin for 24 hours. I like the thickness and fragrance of the cream.
- RoC RETINOL CORREXION Eye Cream is non greasy which I love! It helps reduce puffiness in 4 weeks and wrinkles in 12 weeks. It’s a little too early to tell but so far so good!
- RoC RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Serum is very lightweight and works nicely under your make-up – Voted Women’s Day Pick.
I do have to say that I’m loving my new Roc beauty regime! You can purchase the Roc Skincare products at your local Ulta, CVS, Target and Amazon.
What about you? Do you get offended when someone gives you that backhanded compliment “You look good for your age“. I can’t wait to read your comments!
As always, thanks for reading!
A bientôt ♥
Monday: Glass of Glam – Style Nudge – Not Dead Yet Style– More Pieces of Me – Sharing a Journey – Pink Sole – Sincerely Jenna Marie
Tuesday: Elegantly Dressed and Stylish
Wednesday: Pumps and Push Ups
Thursday: High Latitude Style; Elegance and Mommy Hood; MummabStylish ; Classy Yet Trendy
Friday: Jeans a Teacup – Northwest Mountain Living & Style – Fashion Should Be Fun – A Pocketful of Polka Dots – Rachel the Hat – Lizzie in Lace – Posh Classy Mom – Color and Grace – Nancy’s Fashion Style
5 thoughts on “For Your Age Campaign with RoC Skincare & Product Review”
Nice and Perfect looking outfit..
I have ROC creams that I love to use because they really work! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
I love the skin care I am using, but would certainly try Roc as well …some of the retinol products look interesting and a great price point. Very nice pics and I agree, “for your age” is not a great thing to say! just say, you look nice! great campaign
thanks for linking!
Thanks so much for your comment Jess! It’s always a pleasure to join your link-ups!
Nice article! There is best skincare routine in this article and this brand seems good to try out. I will use it in my skincare routine. Thanks for sharing.