French women are known for having a minimalist wardrobe with basics and neutrals that you can mix and match, creating their own signature style with chic accessories.
In my mind, French women have owned capsule wardrobes for generations before it recently became such a trendy concept.
One of my favorite fashion icon whose style I try to emulate is Emmanuelle Alt, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Paris since 2011.
What I love most about Alt’s style is that she’s able to combine classic and trendy pieces into very stylish daily looks. She’s figured out which “uniform” fits her personal style and has made it into her signature style.
Her minimalist wardrobe always include a luxe top, belt, super flattering and fitted jeans or classic, and non-pretentious, yet stylish shoes.
My favorite look from Emmanuelle Alt is black jeans with a striped top, black blazer and black classic pointed toe pumps. It’s so effortless chic, it works every time!
Here’s a list of must-haves staples to dress like Emmanuelle Alt:
- Jeans, the foundation of Alt’s looks, in blue, black, white and dark grey hues
- Tailored trousers, from black leather pants to cargo pants paired with a blazer
- French classic pieces: striped tops, white blouses, plaid tops and graphic tees
- Fitted and oversized blazers which she belts for that effortless stylish look
- Coats and vests, from the classic black trench coats to oversized coats with belts
- Unstated yet stylish shoes, from mid-calf boots, classic pointed toe pumps and flats in neutral shades
- Belts with a chic accent like a silver buckle or animal print
Luckily, you already have most of these staples in your closet! I recently bought this long-sleeve Breton top from & Other Stories to refresh my striped top collection. I love the red collar details which looks very chic with a red lipstick! You know, a French girl can never have enough striped tees in her closet!
Hope you enjoyed this French girl style look!
As always, thanks for reading.
A bientôt ♥
Tuesday: Elegantly Dressed and Stylish