Valentine’s Day is almost here and even though French women don’t typically dress up for the occasion – you can read more about it here – I’m getting into the V-Day spirit this year!
Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday, most of us will find ourselves transitioning from the office to dinner with not much time for a full outfit change.
This effortless chic outfit requires little styling effort and only a quick last minute office bathroom change as you apply your red lipstick!
All your need are these chic foundation staples:
- Plaid blazer: the ultimate chic staple to any work wardrobe and a great piece to transition from winter to spring. Linked exact blazer from H&M below in Shop The Look.
- Grey or blue denim jeans – if your office doesn’t have a casual dress code, simply style your plaid blazer with skinny ankle pants.
- Metallic pleated skirt – this skirt is the perfect skirt to sneak into your work handbag as it’s so lightweight and doesn’t wrinkle!
- Red suede booties – red adds a chic pop of color to any Valentine’s Day outfit
- White Tee – this vintage cotton white tee from J.Crew is my all time favorite. Linked it below in Shop The Look.
- Jewelry – a pendant or pair of earrings completes any outfit. Hubby surprised me with this mother-of-pearl pendant from Tory Burch and I’m obsessed! Linked it below in Shop The Look.
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day?
Hope you enjoyed this post!
As always, thanks for reading.
A bientôt ♥
8 thoughts on “Effortless French Chic Romantic Day-to-Night Outfit”
You look gorgeous – that pleated skirt and those little red booties are so lovely and romantic!! Thank you for sharing I must expand my colour combos! Donna 🧚🏻♀️❤️🙏 donnadoesdresses.com
Thanks for stopping by Donna! Hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day! ❤️
Ha thanks! I am reading your post at breakfast and I have a lunch later. Still had no idea what to wear and now I know! Velvet pleated skirt and red ankle boots! That is whats it going to be! Thanks!
So happy you found inspiration here! Would love to see your outfit!! Enjoy your Valentine’s Day lunch!
Your outfit does have it easy vibe that we all know is not so easy to achieve. Thank you for important pointers. Have a good one
Oh that skirt is just fabulous! I adore the metallic skirt and how you styled it with the socks!
The metallic pleated skirt is fabulous! It looks lovely with the red ankle boots and check blazer!
you rock the plaid! great look!