Polar Vortex weather doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style. There are a few winter chic and extreme weather gear essentials that you may want to invest in, if you haven’t done so already, to help you survive winter in style.
1. Chic Parka Coat or Puffer Jacket: ideally you want to invest in a waterproof style with premium down to give you premium warmth. A coat can make such a fashion statement. and the puffer is definitely the preferred jacket this winter! Look for chic details like a belt or elastic waistband and warming details like a hoodie or fur lining. If a long coat is more your style, go for a duster coat like the Nuptse Duster from North Face. If a short coat is more your style, go for the Gloss Puffer by Tommy Hilfiger. Both are linked below in Shop The Look carousel image.
2. Snow Boots: Waterproof insulated winter boots, lined with faux fur or faux fleece is a must-have staple for extreme winter temperatures, snow conditions or not! The higher the boots, the more stylish!
3. Leggings or tights: both add layers to any winter outfit. When temps are in the teens, I wear tights under my jeans and love styling my leggings with an oversized sweater, either at home or for après-ski.
4. Turtleneck: cotton or velvet, turtlenecks are a must-have to any chic winter wardorbe. We’re seeing a lot of white turtlenecks this winter. A white turtleneck is such a winter chic staple!
5. Hat: since hands and feet are where heat is lost to cold air the most, be sure to wear appropriate footwear and gloves. My latest addition to my winter wardrobe is the Beanie Hat. It’s the perfect winter chic accessory that is sure to keep you both cozy and chic at the same time!
Hope you enjoyed this look and are keeping warm!
As always, thanks for reading!
A bientôt ♥
Tuesday: Elegantly Dressed and Stylish